Friday, November 21, 2008

second assignment- vernacular photography














For this project I had several ideas, at the beginning I decide to use images of people who don’t know they been photographed and images of my own holydays and travels. I was planning to change them in Photoshop and make more professional like. But after discussion with my classmates and tutors I decide not to do that. I was thinking is this what I really would like to show as my final images? Are they really interesting?
But finally idea comes along and I change my project completely. Instead of using my own images from holydays and travels, I decide to collect them from somewhere. So I visited my grandparents, asked mom and my aunt also some friend to spare me at least one old photograph from their past. I want to create a small collection of these photographs like those people who collecting found images. Also I will try to go to second-hand shops around area I am living and maybe there something unexpected is waiting for me.

Vernacularphotography.com
Squereamerica.com
Accidentalmysteries.com

No comments: